Steam not comes out but hot water yes.

Diskutiere Steam not comes out but hot water yes. im ..:: Vienna / Prima / Crema / Nova ::.. Forum im Bereich *** SAECO / Philips ***; Sorry but I can not read german so maybe this question is already answer, if so I will apreciate somebody can give me a link! My problem is: The...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • Steam not comes out but hot water yes. Beitrag #1
J
jdelosrios
Teetrinker
Sorry but I can not read german so maybe this question is already answer, if so I will apreciate somebody can give me a link!
My problem is:
The steam function on my saeco Vienna Digital Exclusive is not working. Water comes out with pressure and hot. No problem at all. I decalcified the machine but still the same. When I open the tap for steam It released the water acumulated into the tube but no steam comes out. I just hear clack, clack, clack at the back.... and nothing comes out. Any idea???

Thank you in advance everybody!

• Steam not comes out but hot water yes. Beitrag #2
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

The Vienna Exclusive takes hot water and heats it to steam temperature in a special heater. The microprocessor turns on the pump intermittently but can not switch on the voltage of the heater. Look for the triac (a BTA12-700SW) fixed to the cooling element. Probably the triac is malfunctioning or the heater itself is broken. It is supposed to have a 50 Ohms resistance.

regards
Harry

• Steam not comes out but hot water yes. Beitrag #3
J
jdelosrios
Teetrinker
I will change the triac but thinking a little bit, this means that if the triac is malfunctioning there were not power for the steam heating element and the pump? is it? so thats why nothig comes out when i open the steam tap?

I supouse that if the heating element were faulty only water will come out when I open the steam tab. is this correct? like when I select hot water in the machine

Is any king of manual or post where this logic is??

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. :eek:

• Steam not comes out but hot water yes. Beitrag #4
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

The circuit of the pump und the circuit of the steam heater are not connected.
The logical connection is made by the microprocessor. If the user selects "Steam" the microprocessor programm turns on the pump intermittently and switches the voltage for the heater. You should see a small flow of water at the tap.

regards
Harry

• Steam not comes out but hot water yes. Beitrag #5
J
jdelosrios
Teetrinker
Yes, when I select steam i see a very little flow of water, like I hear clack a small portion of water comes out.

Thanks for the answer!

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Thema:

Steam not comes out but hot water yes.

Oben