English Equivalent of the German Forum

Diskutiere English Equivalent of the German Forum im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; The Saeco support forum seems to be the most active and comprehensive that I've run across. Unfortunately for me, most of the information is in...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • English Equivalent of the German Forum Beitrag #1
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
The Saeco support forum seems to be the most active and comprehensive that I've run across. Unfortunately for me, most of the information is in German. Is there an English equivalent to this forum? I am also curious as to why there is such a large German following for an Italian machine?

I have had some success using the Google translation website but it will not allow me to log on to the forum. Has anyone come across an efficient way to translate all information here?

Thank you

Rick

• English Equivalent of the German Forum Beitrag #2
E
Englisch in Perth
Teetrinker
Hi Rick,
What I've discovered is if you scroll right down to the bottom of the web page
you'll see two drop-down boxes.
The first one chooses the style and the second one is the
one you want. The " Quick Language Chooser"
There are three options: -
1 -- Deutsch (Du)
2 -- Deutsch (Sie)
3 -- English (US)
This has the effect of changing most of the labels etc.
But unfortunatley it does not translate the good conent in the Non-English sections. For that I use Google Translation.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Englisch in Perth

• English Equivalent of the German Forum Beitrag #3
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
Thank you for your reply. Yes, the Google translation works quite well. Now if we could get it to work with the pdf file links on this forum.

Any idea as to why there is such a large German following for an Italian machine and so little English?

• English Equivalent of the German Forum Beitrag #4
W1cht3lm@nn
W1cht3lm@nn
Kaffee Junkie
Vollautomat
Küche: WMF Ecco, Bastelzimmer: QM 5000 Pajettrot, Krups EA8050
Any idea as to why there is such a large German following for an Italian machine and so little English?

My thinking is, what some statistics tell us, the Germans are one of the most coffee-addicted people (eg like here List of countries by coffee consumption per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and additional to that we are strongly addicted to convenient and modern technology like superautomatic coffee machines. Also, the saeco-superautomatics were invented not far from here, in switzerland. See here: Google Übersetzer

• English Equivalent of the German Forum Beitrag #5
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
Interesting and well said.

I know Germany has great coffee (and beer). It is also a very technical country. The US has many technical folks and coffee is becoming more European-like so I assumed a more vocal and active English section. (I guess I assumed wrong).

At least the German section is quite active (difficult as it is to translate)!

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Thema:

English Equivalent of the German Forum

Oben