Grinding and pressing coffee problem

Diskutiere Grinding and pressing coffee problem im ..:: Xelsis SUP- und HD-Modelle ::.. Forum im Bereich *** SAECO / Philips ***; Hello! I'm an owner of Xesis about for half of year. And today i've meet the problem. After grinding coffee (medium strength) Xelsis was unable...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • Grinding and pressing coffee problem Beitrag #1
T
t13s
Teetrinker
Hello!
I'm an owner of Xesis about for half of year.
And today i've meet the problem. After grinding coffee (medium strength) Xelsis was unable to press it (error message on the screen meaning "Max pressing force"), and, accordingly, to cook.
The same was with my Saeco Talea Ring, but after three years of using.

1. What is the possible reason for this?
2. Can I somehow fix this problem at home (for Talea Ring I temporarily fixed it by service menu decreasing parameter responsible for the grinder, but I had to do this every couple of weeks)?
May be I should somehow clean some kind of sensor if it exists? Or press "magic" key combination to reset optidose parameters?

I suspect that base of the problem is coffee beans roasted at home, but in any case I refuse to use any other beans.

Thank you and sorry for question in English. I'm from Russia and don't know German at all. :)

• Grinding and pressing coffee problem Beitrag #2
Rudolfs.
Rudolfs.
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
KVA´s: Nuova Simonelli MicroBar, Schaerer Opal, Franke Mambo, Saeco Royal, Magic, Vienna, Primea, ..
Hello t13s to russia,
first clean the brew group thoroughly, i think the grease of the coffeebeans blocks the way of the guide rails :eek:.

• Grinding and pressing coffee problem Beitrag #3
T
t13s
Teetrinker
first clean the brew group thoroughly, i think the grease of the coffeebeans blocks the way of the guide rails :eek:.

Thank you!
May be. It was very early morning. So I cleaned the brew group (as for me it wasn't so dirty) but didn't have enough time to test it after cleaning.

• Grinding and pressing coffee problem Beitrag #4
Rudolfs.
Rudolfs.
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
KVA´s: Nuova Simonelli MicroBar, Schaerer Opal, Franke Mambo, Saeco Royal, Magic, Vienna, Primea, ..
Hello again,
if you hit the removed and cleaned by hand brewing group, they must be able to move easily in all positions. You can use the upper brewing piston seal grease with a little silicone grease when it can be pushed very hard. That your problem of the freshly roasted coffee beans come I do not think so. The grinder operates without difficulty as you write.

• Grinding and pressing coffee problem Beitrag #5
T
t13s
Teetrinker
Yesterday evening after cleaning brewing group I tried to make coffee again. The result was the same, despite of easy movements of brewing group by hands.
It seems that gringer makes more coffee that can be pressed.
So I entered the service menu and found there parameter "Max grinder dose". It was 170 and I changed the value to 140. After this I got a cup of coffee successfully. But this is strange in any case.
And more strange is that I faced the same situation with my previous device Talea Ring some months ago.

What is about home roasted coffee. It's more wet and fatty so it easy adhere to anything.

• Grinding and pressing coffee problem Beitrag #6
Rudolfs.
Rudolfs.
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Good morning,
any homemade roasted coffee blend is fresh compared to industrial production. Arabica and Robusta beans contain different fat and I do not know your mixture or variety.
It is important that the machine works again without problems and you continue to make good coffee. Congratulations to successful self-initiative :eek:.

• Grinding and pressing coffee problem Beitrag #7
T
t13s
Teetrinker
Good morning,
any homemade roasted coffee blend is fresh compared to industrial production. Arabica and Robusta beans contain different fat and I do not know your mixture or variety.
It is important that the machine works again without problems and you continue to make good coffee. Congratulations to successful self-initiative :eek:.

I prefer to mix Indonesia Colossi with Columbia Supremo without Robusta. It contains enough fat to extract it to surface
Yes, it works. But according experience with Talea Ring, the value 140 may be increased independently. And I will have to decrease the value again and again...

• Grinding and pressing coffee problem Beitrag #8
Rudolfs.
Rudolfs.
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
I understand you already. You can even try some fine adjust the grinder. But only in small increments and only if the mill is in motion. The grain of the waste from the coffee should have the consistency as sugar and have a solid tablet form. The smallest weight of the dry coffee powder is six grams, the largest nine grams for a cup of coffee. Careful approach, because too much coffee destroys the gearbox :mad:!
Finely ground coffee to the filter clogged, too coarse flour can be bad press and release the ingredients.
Thanks for the feedback and good luck in trying ;).

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Thema:

Grinding and pressing coffee problem

Oben