Saeco Magic water led blinking

Diskutiere Saeco Magic water led blinking im ..:: Magic ::.. Forum im Bereich *** SAECO / Philips ***; Hello, I have Saeco Magic De Luxe. The water indicator keeps on blinking and machine is doesn't operate. I can let the the water through through...
  • Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #1
I
ibanez7
Teetrinker
Hello,
I have Saeco Magic De Luxe. The water indicator keeps on blinking and machine is doesn't operate. I can let the the water through through the steam wand fine, but the lights keeps on blinking. (of course when I run out of the water the indicator turns solid. )
I opened the unit up and cleaned the flowmeter, but this didn't help. Do you have an idea what else could be causing this error? I can try to replace the flowmeter, but i would like to avoid in case the cause lays somewhere else.
Thank you in advance for any hints.

• Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #2
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Incanto SUP021Y u. YBDR, Krups Orchestro
Maybe water stream is too weak (change pump or descale before), or corrroded contacts on flowmeter, take it apart and look inside sensor if everything well inside.

• Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #3
I
ibanez7
Teetrinker
Thank you for your answer. The flow is actually quite good, and I did descale just two weeks ago. No problem there. The light also starts flashing immediately after turning switching the expresso ON. So it doesn't even try to get the water through.
I took the sensor apart but didn't see anything too strange.... :/ Checked also the current of the three cables with the multimeter, and this was ok.

• Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #4
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
something wrong with motherboard, the part where the flowmeter pulses are measured.

Use TestingMode and have a look at the pulses when pump is activated, probably they wont be recognized.
There are only few elements like resistor and capacitor from plug to processor, something wrong there.

Often because of small leakage of hotwater/steam valve (broken plastics), then water on motherboard destroyes it, you should see some dried water and limescale on board near flowmeter plug and valve.

• Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #5
I
ibanez7
Teetrinker
Thank you for your feedback. Maybe you are indeed correct. I haven't looked at the mainboard yet, how do you "look at the pulses"? I guess you need to have an oscilocope for this?

In case it's a really mainboard I guess it would make sense to replace the whole mainboard all together?

• Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #6
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
In test mode you can see pulses from flowmeter and throughput too, should be ideally >40 (down to 30 shall be ok)
You have to translate or find somewhere an english version.

Can be repaird easily by changing resistor or capacity or repair corroded conductor track, only 2 or 3 elements involved and print itself.
Compair with circuit from SUP021Y on the board, this part should be same on your machine.

If I'm correct change valve otherwise board will go wrong again soon.

• Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #7
I
ibanez7
Teetrinker
Hmm I checked it, but I think the above refers to Saeco Deluxe Incanto, mine is Saeco Magic Deluxe so it doesn't have the LCD display. I guess there is no way to check flowmeter in this one other than replacement?

• Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #8
Majolika
Majolika
Kaffee Junkie
Vollautomat
zu viele Saeco SUP 018,021.
Anhänge
  • Flowmeter-1.pdf
    507,2 KB · Aufrufe: 5
  • Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #9
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Saeco Magic water led blinking Beitrag #10
I
ibanez7
Teetrinker
Thank you very much already for this. I will try to run through some translations, if not for this issue maybe it will help with some other future issues. For the moment I ordered new flow meter and I will see if this makes any difference.
Thanks again,

Thema:

Saeco Magic water led blinking

Oben