Saeco xSmall - water loss

Diskutiere Saeco xSmall - water loss im ..:: Xsmall ::.. Forum im Bereich *** SAECO / Philips ***; Um dir schneller bei deinen Problem zu helfen, bitten wir dich folgende Angaben zu machen: - Mechanik- und Elektronikkenntnisse vorhanden ? -...
  • Saeco xSmall - water loss Beitrag #1
R
Robvha
Teetrinker
Um dir schneller bei deinen Problem zu helfen, bitten wir dich folgende Angaben zu machen:
- Mechanik- und Elektronikkenntnisse vorhanden ?
- Messgerät vorhanden ?
- Genaue Bezeichnung der Maschine

Hello everyone,

I push the coffee button, the beans are smashed and the brew group moves it head to the correct position. The machine starts pumping water and the cup is filled with coffee. Untill this far, no water in the drip tray. When the cup is filled the brew unit goes back to it's standard position. Then I see the water level in the drip tray rising for a bit. I am interested if someone can tell me if this is normal. And if yes, how much is acceptable?

Another thing what I see, there is a slight difference in the amount of coffee which goes thru one of the two coffee outlets. Is this normal?

I already cleaned the whole brew unit. I have measurement devices. And I have knowledge about electronics :D

Thanks for your responses!

Best regards,

Rob

• Saeco xSmall - water loss Beitrag #2
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

After each brewing cycle a small amount of coffee water (ca. 10 ml) leaves the brew unit and flows into the drip tray. This is quite normal.
there is a slight difference in the amount of coffee which goes thru one of the two coffee outlets. Is this normal?
Both tubes have different frictions values due to dirt collected in the tubes. Light differences are normal, large differences are an indication to clean the coffee outlet.

regards
Harry

• Saeco xSmall - water loss Beitrag #3
Z
Zufallszahl
Teetrinker
I am interested if someone can tell me if this is normal. And if yes, how much is acceptable?
It is quite normal and you notice it because the xsmall drip tray is not very big. But it is not a huge deal at all, you should empty your drip tray every 1-2 days anyway, so the small size of the drip tray forces you to do this ;)

Another thing what I see, there is a slight difference in the amount of coffee which goes thru one of the two coffee outlets. Is this normal?
Even on a quite new machine (dirt shouldn't be a problem) I saw this slight difference. -> normal.

• Saeco xSmall - water loss Beitrag #4
R
Robvha
Teetrinker
Thank you both once again for your clear answer!

Thema:

Saeco xSmall - water loss

Oben