Upgrade primea touch

Diskutiere Upgrade primea touch im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; helow all i have primrea touch first edition and one new edition can any one know if i can upgrade the one first edition to the new edition? i...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #1
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
helow all

i have primrea touch first edition and one new edition

can any one know if i can upgrade the one first edition to the new edition?
i knoe how to open it and replace the cpu board and the commponet

so if i will buy the cpu board it will be ok? :rolleyes:

thanks
yossi

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #2
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
i also have primea ring

any one? please

from where can i get the cable to connect it to computer and were can i download new firmwere
there is a lot differnet in the clean of the milk between the ver,

thanks
yossi

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #3
gunworm
gunworm
Kaffeetrinker
Vollautomat
Saeco Primea Ring
Hi Yossi!
I found nothing in the german section how to upgrade the Firmware yourself.
The Firmware isn't open source and therefore very hard to "decypher".
So the only way to update the firmware is a Saeco Servicecenter.
Unfortunatly I don't know the difference between the first and the new edition but the milk dispenser cleaning cycle has more to do with the firmware used:

Primea Ring up to SN: 9007PRI0067359 Version: 01.01.22
from SN: 9007PRI0067360 Version: 01.01.27

Primea touch (which proably is your first edition) up to SN: 9007PRI0056795 Version: 00.06.13 (only if CPU board version 00.06.01 is fitted)

Primea touch new edition from SN: 9007PRI0056796 Version: 00.08.39

with these firmware versions the milk system cleaning cycle is excacly the same for all of them.

see http://www.saeco-support-forum.de/p...twarestaende-veraenderungen-primea-serie.html

yours gunworm

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #4
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
thanks
but in israel there is no service to primea. :( so i cant get it to update

i have 3 problem maybe you can help me

1. in the primea ring i get messeg boiler filling all the time and he want do entinig not disposse water or somthing else

2. in the primea touch plus first edition i have to wait 24 minte to the milk cleanning ?:rolleyes:?? can i change it? and i will put the powder into the milk contener and not the tablet, like in the new edition?

3. is there a a way to enter to service menu like the primra touch in the ring ?? and change the temp? like the touch?

thanks
yossi

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #5
gunworm
gunworm
Kaffeetrinker
Vollautomat
Saeco Primea Ring
2. So you will have to live with the 25 minute cleaning cycle as only the update reduces it to 5 minutes.
1. For your Ring problem, I had this once or twice myself and leaving it switched of and unplugged for several minutes cured the problem "boiler filling" in my case.
3. Diagnose and Test mode can be entered by pressing "Z" for Diagnose and "X" for Test (Corner buttons Milk, Water, aroma, menue) whilst the machine is "booting" - Primea Cappuccino writen on the display (either after switching it on or after leaving the menue).

Anhänge
  • Diagnose.JPG
    Diagnose.JPG
    3,5 KB · Aufrufe: 21
  • Testmodus.JPG
    Testmodus.JPG
    3,3 KB · Aufrufe: 15
  • Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #6
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
becuse the boiler filling problem it want let me enter to the mene service,,,,

and i try for few days to switched of and unplugged
it dosent go off :(
i know to open it if needed.... but were to start lokking? what is the problem?

thanks
yossi

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #7
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
becuse the boiler "filling problem" or the "coffe wash cycle" it want let me enter to the mene service,,,,

and i try for few days to switched of and unplugged
it dosent go off
frown.gif

i don't know what i did but now its "stuk" on coffe wash cycle !!! ok?--try to do somthing dosent get any water and agian ask for it and agian and agian,,,,,,,

i know to open it if needed.... but were to start lokking? what is the problem?

thanks
yossi

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #8
gunworm
gunworm
Kaffeetrinker
Vollautomat
Saeco Primea Ring
I'll ask in the german forum and post answers here, if there are any!

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #9
gunworm
gunworm
Kaffeetrinker
Vollautomat
Saeco Primea Ring
Hi Yossi1

No specific answers to your problem yet, but I discussed the topic with another forum member (Gerti) and it could be the case that your boiler is clogged and therefore the pump can't get any water through the boiler. If there is no flow this is recognized by the flowmeter and this could probably end in the message "boiler filling" (as it can't be filled the message would stay on all the time).

Is the pump running at all when you switch the machine on?

Hope we get more specific answers soon, as the above is just a guess, not experience.:(

I'll keep you updated
Gunworm

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #10
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
hi
i open it and yes i think alsoo about the boiler becuse the pump running all the time and i see that the water is "stak" and dont runing

so can i fix the boiler? :rolleyes:

p,s, i notice that the capochinator in new edition have a new shape it is sqwer at the begiinig
and in the first edition it is round, and all the time i get messege to put the capochinator:mad: , (its not toch the sensor) any solve to this matter ? or i have to buy the new shape of capochinator ?

thanks
yossi

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #11
gunworm
gunworm
Kaffeetrinker
Vollautomat
Saeco Primea Ring
Hi Yossi!

You have to open the machine http://www.saeco-support-forum.de/faq/traebbe/Primea/Primea.pdf
and check where the blockage is (Flowmeter, Pump, Boiler). The boiler tends to get clogged up by limestone if you don't descale it regulary or if you don't use the waterfilter. If the boile is clogged you can try to take it out of the machine and descale it with a descaling solution a number of times. In most cases you have to buy new boiler. You schould be able to blow air through the boiler, if you can't it is blocked.

For the problem with the cappucinatore:
put a small piece of e.g. a drinking straw over the lever that operates the cappuccinatore microswitch (see picture) - NOTE: Make sure that you don't block the holes in the silicon plate close to this arm.
If you have a milk door open warning: put a piece of silicon tubing over the door microswitch arm - see other picture from forum member "85640")

Anhänge
  • P1000777.jpg
    P1000777.jpg
    95,7 KB · Aufrufe: 33
  • BILD1674klein.jpg
    BILD1674klein.jpg
    356,4 KB · Aufrufe: 37
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #12
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
thanks

i see the red tube to the boiler but how can i pull it? it attach very hard ti the boiler not like the rgulat tubes to the water.

and thanks i will try to tape inside aome thick tape or e.g. a drinking straw and mayme it will work
and what about the ring or ather componnent on the capuchnator? i need all of them? or itd best to remoer some of them like the whit round picec?

and i see that can i reduce the 24 minunt waiting time to clean milk in service menu so i enter 1 minute and put poweder of clean milk and not tablet ;)

but still i dont know how to change the milk temp c:( its just warm and its to cold for me
the coffe is now 88 c degree its best

thanks
yossi

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #13
gunworm
gunworm
Kaffeetrinker
Vollautomat
Saeco Primea Ring
I had the microswitch arm taped back as well -worked fine for a year or so, than i fitted the straw.

You have to open the clamps to get the hoses of! But be very carefull that you don't damage the body of the boiler or valves by doing that, they break very easy. I always cut the clamps open with a mini-grinder. Best thing is to use reusable mini-hoseclamps which are thightend with a screw after you removed the crimp style (oetiker) clamps (you can see them on some of the hoses in the disassembly manual) - (I sent you the link in the last posting). The hoses to the stainless steel boilers are hard to get of, even if the clamp is removed. I usually renew the hoses and can therefore cut them open with a knife.

The milk should not be any hotter than 55 degC - otherwise it can't produce milk foam! I dont think that you can adjust the milk temperature anyway.

You can take the cappuccinatore to pieces but only for cleaning. All pieces (upper and lower body, brown plastic bit inside, white wheel and rubber tube) must be assambled fur use. All holes must be free and the white wheel must be rotateable by hand easily. If this is not the case clean all parts with the milk cycle cleaning powder to get good milk foam.

Good luck

PS: Where do buy the machines and spare parts? Can't you get any service from them?

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #14
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
i import from germany :)
ther is no service to primea in israel :rolleyes: it to hard to handel them maybe :D

ok i will try to do it and let you know,,,,,,

thanks a lot

yossi

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #15
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
yoooooooooooooooooooooooo
i very engeyyyyyyyyyyyy :mad: and happy :) alsooooooooo

after i take a part all the mecching and try to locate the peoblem, i did not find any,,,
so i dicide to trick the unit, i take one of the tube out from the bolier and i let the water get out when it try to clean the coffe rotine, after the waermeter get the signal to stop i get all back and try to locate where is the problem !! and you dont want to know what was the problem !!:p:confused:

it was ........the brewing group :mad: its was soooo bliokeee and dosent let any thing get inside it! so i put a anther brewing group and all wirks great now

;)

now i just want to find maybe a way to get warmer milk ;)
and maybe i will buy the new capuchinator it work bettert then the old one :(

thanks agian
yossi

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #16
S
s_yossi2
Kaffeetrinker
p,s,

i dont understand how to remove the thing that holde the red pipe so i "cut" it with some tools and after i chack it i just connect the red pipes back to the boiler withot any holder
i dont find any picture that show how to do it

and last one thing
i notice that in my new primea touch plus in the service menu the parmart of the milk is puls period 60
and on the first edition of primea touch pluse is puls period 15
this is on "hot milk" and on "milk foam"

what is this
puls width?
puls period
staem pressrue time?

there is defrent on the temp??? what setting are better?

thanks
yossi

• Upgrade primea touch Beitrag #17
gunworm
gunworm
Kaffeetrinker
Vollautomat
Saeco Primea Ring
Instead of the standard clamps (originaly fitted) I use reusebale ones:D
I cut the clamp on the left picture with the tool (see "Dremel.bmp), so I don't break any pipes, tubes,...

For your service menue - I don't have a Touch, therefore I don't know but I think that the puls periode is how much milk comes out the machine if you press the button once.

Anhänge
  • 1_OK.jpg
    1_OK.jpg
    13,4 KB · Aufrufe: 8
  • ASK_M.jpg
    ASK_M.jpg
    14,3 KB · Aufrufe: 10
  • Dremel.bmp
    25,6 KB · Aufrufe: 16
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.