DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis)

Diskutiere DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) im DeLonghi Forum im Bereich *** Sonstige Kaffeevollautomaten ***; First of all HELLO to everyone in this forum !!! This is my first post and I've visited here before to read about problems with automatic espresso...
  • DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #1
C
CaffeLover
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Mellitta, KRUPS, AEG
First of all HELLO to everyone in this forum !!! This is my first post and I've visited here before to read about problems with automatic espresso machines, but thanks to the "power of many" I've solved all the failures on those machines. Now I seem to have a serious problem with DeLonghi Perfecta Cappuccino Graphic Touch and it seems to be unsolveable by me alone. So I decided to register here and to THANKS to every member of this forum for helping me in the past solving earlier problems with those machines. I hope that once again the community will help me to bring back coffee in the cup 🍵. I'm from Serbia and don't have enough knowledge of the native German language so I put this topic in English section. I hope you will not blame me for that. I have excelent knowledge in electronics and can be of help to anyone who seems to have problem with it.
My problem is at the point that this ESAM 5600 EX2 won't past self-diagnosis screen and don't react to any command at all. I had solve problem with broken power supply section, it had failing LNK364 and almost all parts around it (TL431, BC807, 4,7Ohm, MKP 0,22uF, 1mH). There was couple of switches that were in unstable state, sometimes they work sometimes don't so I put some contact spray and now they work. Now machine got it's power when the back switch for AC is on but only thing is text: self-diagnosis. Machine sees when i remove water tank and reacts to fault conditions puting GENERAL ALARM on screen. Everything other is checked and it is in working state (sensors, thermocouples, switches, heaters, thermofuses, electrovalves or so).
My question is: what conditions from swich and sensor lines must be forfilled to make machine give impulse from MC on two relays and TY7 on electronic board to begin self-test? I know that brewgroup motor must check both up and down position switches but i don't get any command from PIC18LF4525 to peripherals. How can I confirm that all input conditions are good? I have doubt that firmware has been corupted but i need confirmation. The board has DeLonghi number 5213213641.
Thanks anyone in advance!!!

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #2
C
CaffeLover
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Mellitta, KRUPS, AEG
IMG_20191207_123010.jpg

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #3
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Incanto SUP021Y u. YBDR, Krups Orchestro
  • DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #4
C
CaffeLover
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Mellitta, KRUPS, AEG
Mr. Grisu Thanks for your fast response, I didn't try to reprogram µC yet because I guess there is some condition to meet for machine to start self-diagnostic routine. Temporary I don't have PIC programmator but I will try that solution and post results here.
With regards, Alen!

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #5
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
You have to wait for others to jump into this thread!

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #6
Ano
Ano
Espressotrinker
Do you have a stable -5V and -12V now?

Could be that also the µC is defective.

Normally for the 5213213641 firmware it's enough to have power connected + both temp. sensors for the relays to click. So you'd better disconnect all cables (including the display) and connect mains power. If the relays still don't click, then there's still a defect on the pcb...

I'd start checking the connection between the thermosensors and the µC (R27, R35). If they're ok, I would connect a PIC programmer to check if at least the µC is accesible and con be erased and programmed.

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #7
C
CaffeLover
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Mellitta, KRUPS, AEG
Ooohh.... danke, danke... thanks for answering this... as I mentioned earlier I have fixed all power supply lines and I've got -5 and -12V from 79l05 and in front of it respectively, relays and TY7 dont react, i don't get signal from µC to driver transistors and triac gate. Is there posibility that front panel eeprom is corrupted?

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #8
Ano
Ano
Espressotrinker
As I said: the relay should also click with the display pcb disconnected.
Why not just follow my suggestion to disconnect all cables (except the mains supply and both temp. sensors) and see if the relay clicks when plugging in the 230 V AC power?

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #9
C
CaffeLover
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Mellitta, KRUPS, AEG
Mr. Anno, thanks again for Your suggestions. As I do mentioned that earlier, there is -5V and -12V on the board and I disconnected all cables and connectors, except two thermo sensors (they have 12kOhm both), but nothing happens. Relays don't react and I followed signal trace from PIC to driver transistors but there is no startup signal at all. I just don't know what is startup routine, is there a dependence from front control board or it is enough to have -5V and 12V to begin? I see You are an expert in these DeLonghi machines so I'm very glad to have such professional help!

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #10
Ano
Ano
Espressotrinker
is there a dependence from front control board or it is enough to have -5V and 12V to begin?
As I mentioned several times now: for this firmware it's normally enough to have power and both thermosensors connected to get the motor running. But to be 100% sure, you should have a PIC programmer and post the dump here, so I can test your dump.

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #11
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
@Ano: Nur so als Frage eines Unwissenden, gibt es bei diesen Maschinen soetwas wie einen Power-Up Impuls der den µP überhaupt erst starten läßt und eventuell auch einen Schaden abbekommen haben könnte?

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #12
Ano
Ano
Espressotrinker
As far as I know the µP starts its program as soon as power (5 V) is supplied. But to be honest, I have not read the datasheet ;-)

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #13
C
CaffeLover
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Mellitta, KRUPS, AEG
Well, thanks guys, it seems that firmware has being corrupted. I got another board from ESAM4500.S and with all advices and procedures followed from Mr. Anno rellays clicks after powering AC switch. This board is the same but with another firmware and with front panel controll board adapter riser board. Now i wait PICKit2 or 3 to came to try to reflash firmware.

IMG_20191210_132655.jpgIMG_20191210_132725.jpg

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #14
Ano
Ano
Espressotrinker
  • DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #15
Ano
Ano
Espressotrinker
As far as I know the µP starts its program as soon as power (5 V) is supplied.
I remember now: it seems that in some DeLonghi designs for the PIC18F452 pcb's a signal is necessary at pin 8 (see the schematics of WolleP for the ESAM3500 pcb).

• DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis) Beitrag #16
C
CaffeLover
Teetrinker
Vollautomat
Mellitta, KRUPS, AEG
@Ano
Sorry, my mistake, it's ESAM5400.S... (facepalm)

Thema:

DeLonghi ESAM 5600 EX2 hung at start (self-diagnosis)

Oben