Delonghi Magnifica ESAM3500 weird issue with the controller board (display showing wrong info/titles)

Diskutiere Delonghi Magnifica ESAM3500 weird issue with the controller board (display showing wrong info/titles) im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; Hi, My control board (the one with the display) failed on my Delonghi Magnifica ESAM 3500. I purchased a new board (Delonghi Magnifica ESAM 3500...
  • Delonghi Magnifica ESAM3500 weird issue with the controller board (display showing wrong info/titles) Beitrag #1
S
smackioio
Teetrinker
Hi,

My control board (the one with the display) failed on my Delonghi Magnifica ESAM 3500. I purchased a new board (Delonghi Magnifica ESAM 3500 Display / Control Board PROD CODE: 5232118000) that came with the same specs, same firmware . Now the machine works properly but all the Menu items are completely messed up.

For example, when the machine is ready, instead of the display showing READY it says INSERT WATER and COFFEE on the second row. All functions are working properly but the display shows totally different things , the display looks like "shifted" to other commands. Also, if the language on the display is English, when I go into the Menu options it shows me German.

Some other examples :
- when you start the machine normally it says SELF DIAGNOSIS, mine now says CAPUCCINO OR LATTE
- when you open the front door to empty the used coffee container instead of CLOSE DOOR it says INSERT MILK

Again, the machine functions properly but I kinda have to use "translated" table of the functions to use it properly.
I am wondering what can cause this, maybe a firmware issue? or a mismatch in firmware? I can add more details if one can point me to the right direction here.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help :)

Thema:

Delonghi Magnifica ESAM3500 weird issue with the controller board (display showing wrong info/titles)

Oben