[Mechanik] Alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing

Diskutiere [Mechanik] Alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing im ..:: Odea ::.. Forum im Bereich *** SAECO / Philips ***; Um dir schneller bei deinen Problem zu helfen, bitten wir dich folgende Angaben zu machen: - Mechanik- und Elektronikkenntnisse vorhanden --> yes...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • [Mechanik] Alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing Beitrag #1
R
Robvha
Teetrinker
Um dir schneller bei deinen Problem zu helfen, bitten wir dich folgende Angaben zu machen:
- Mechanik- und Elektronikkenntnisse vorhanden --> yes
- Messgerät vorhanden --> yes
- Genaue Bezeichnung der Maschine --> yes

Hello,

Sorry for saying this in English. My German is horrible. I have this problem with my Saeco Odea Go:

The alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing alternately. This happens when the coffee is grinded and the brew unit is trying to move to the right position. It gets stuck and the lights start flashing alternately. The grinded coffee goes in the waste bin and the brew unit is moving to the original position.

The fault message which I googled:
Maximum torque on the brew unit has been exceeded and the brewing cycle cannot continue.

I cleaned the brew unit several times. Replaced the rings. Cleaned the filter on the piston with soda. But all without luck.

Can someone tell me which part is causing this problem? I would be very grateful is someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Rob

• [Mechanik] Alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing Beitrag #2
traebbe
traebbe
Espressotrinker
Vollautomat
Solis Master 5000 Digital
Hello Rob,

welcome to the Saeco-Forum.

I cleaned the brew unit several times. Replaced the rings. Cleaned the filter on the piston with soda. But all without luck.

How do you do it?
I think, you have to disassemble the brew-unit.
From new there is a silicone-based grease on the parts of the unit, you can't get it off with "standard" cleaning.
At reassembling grease only the cylinder and the rod under the piston with a bit of silicone-based grease.
Don't grease any other parts of the unit.
The unit should be easy to move outside the machine.
By assembling the unit, be sure to put all part together the right way.
Look at the parts diagram of the unit:
http://www.partsguru.com/SaecoTaleaGiroEspresso.html
there go to the Brew Gruop Diagram, its all the same for Odea, Talea and Primea.
If you mount part No.26 upside-down, the unit my not work.
Also look at the right position of the lower piston.
the hole has 2 different sizes, the bigger one must look at part 26, to make the unit work correctly.
In case of a faulty assembling, the unit is not able to reach the end-microswitch in the gearbox.
Good luck

traebbe

• [Mechanik] Alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing Beitrag #3
R
Robvha
Teetrinker
Hello,

Thanks for your advice! I will disassemble the brew group this evening. Maybe I did reassemble it wrong.

What I found strange is that it seems that the motor which drives the brew group can't push it to the last position. The grinded coffee is pushed to the piston and when this happens the motor stops the brew group is pushing the grinded coffee in the waste bin and goes back to it's original position. The lights start flashing as mentioned before.

Best regards,

Rob

• [Mechanik] Alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing Beitrag #4
traebbe
traebbe
Espressotrinker
Vollautomat
Hi Rob,

What I found strange is that it seems that the motor which drives the brew group can't push it to the last position.

in tis case, the grinding may be to coarse, so you had to adjust the grinder to finer grinding.
The Error-message is based in the software in the CPU.
From starting the brew-unit-motor, the software expect the signal from the microswitch in the gerabox within 10 seconds at maximum. if the microswitch is dead or the signal comes not within this 10 seconds, the CPU moves the unit-motor backwards and put the crinded beans into the waste bin.
So if the brewing unt is good, unmount the plate of the gearbox and check the microswitch in the gearbox.

Regards

traebbe

• [Mechanik] Alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing Beitrag #5
R
Robvha
Teetrinker
Hello Traebbe,

You were right! The component you mentioned was wrong assembled. I reassembled it yesterday evening and tested it. It was working right away. I de-greased the parts that shouldn't have grease on them.

I will test this for the upcoming days and let you know what the result is.

Thanks for your help so far!!!

Best regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

in tis case, the grinding may be to coarse, so you had to adjust the grinder to finer grinding.
The Error-message is based in the software in the CPU.
From starting the brew-unit-motor, the software expect the signal from the microswitch in the gerabox within 10 seconds at maximum. if the microswitch is dead or the signal comes not within this 10 seconds, the CPU moves the unit-motor backwards and put the crinded beans into the waste bin.
So if the brewing unt is good, unmount the plate of the gearbox and check the microswitch in the gearbox.

Regards

traebbe

• [Mechanik] Alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing Beitrag #6
traebbe
traebbe
Espressotrinker
Vollautomat
Hi Rob,

congratulations to your work.:cool::cool:
Well done.
So let us know, if the machine works after a couple of days.

Regards

traebbe

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Thema:

[Mechanik] Alarm light to empty the dregs drawer and the descaling light are flashing

Oben