Odeo Giro - thermometer & droplet LEDs blinking, brewing unit stays UP

Diskutiere Odeo Giro - thermometer & droplet LEDs blinking, brewing unit stays UP im ..:: Odea ::.. Forum im Bereich *** SAECO / Philips ***; Hello, I was given an Odeo Giro Plus, if I make it work it will be mine: D Since I didn't use it, I don't even know how it should normally behave...
  • Odeo Giro - thermometer & droplet LEDs blinking, brewing unit stays UP Beitrag #1
L
levevg
Teetrinker
Mechanikkenntnisse vorhanden
Yes, electrical engineer by education
Messgerät vorhanden
Multimeter, oscilloscope
Genaue Bezeichnung der Maschine
Odeo Giro Plus
Hello,

I was given an Odeo Giro Plus, if I make it work it will be mine: D
Since I didn't use it, I don't even know how it should normally behave - what is it supposed to do when it is switched on etc.
Here is what happens now:

1. Power is off, brewing unit is down
2. After switching on, brewing unit moves up and just stays there.
3. Thermometer and Water green LEDs are blinking together (in sync). Also red Descale is constantly lit, but it might be because it actually needs to be descaled.
4. Boiler is never powered, it stays cold. Pump is also never activated.
5. No reaction to any button. It just stays this way forever - blinking Thermometer and Water, with brewing unit in the upper position.

If when switching on, brewing unit was already up, it goes initially down to home position, and than everything is the same - it goes up, stays there, leds blinking.

Everything that can be checked from test mode works correctly:
- brew group can be moved up and down, and microswitch correctly detects both end positions
- pump works, flow meter works
- valve is clicking
- depending on the rotary switch water flows either into brew unit or into steam tube
- boiler heats up
- grinder also works

So everything works! I can even make coffee by activating the tests in the right order. I'm not joking, I actually made a cup. But it's a little bit annoying way: D How can I force this devilish device to do it's job after one button pressed? Am I stupid and missing something obvious? I read both users and service manuals and still don't get what is wrong with it.

I would really appreciate your help! :)

• Odeo Giro - thermometer & droplet LEDs blinking, brewing unit stays UP Beitrag #2
R
Raymundt
Espressotrinker
Have you also checked all the sensors/swithes with the test mode?
If one of them is not giving the right signal, the machine will not start.

If the descaling light is constantly lighting, the machine is in the descaling process.
Depending on software on the machine, you must finish this process, or you just press the steam/water button for 6 seconds to stop declare the descaling process an ended.

• Odeo Giro - thermometer & droplet LEDs blinking, brewing unit stays UP Beitrag #3
L
levevg
Teetrinker
Oh my god, it finally works!
Depending on software on the machine
Thank you, this was the key. I don't have the paper manual which came with the machine, and the manuals I was able to find on the internet apparently describe different descaling process. That's why in my case there wasn't any reaction to the water button, descaling can't be reset with the button.
After going through the steps from this video it became operational. Thank you again!

Thema:

Odeo Giro - thermometer & droplet LEDs blinking, brewing unit stays UP

Oben