SAECO Incanto Rondo problem / project

Diskutiere SAECO Incanto Rondo problem / project im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; Hello, First I apologize because I don't speak german (I'm french), so perhaps some elements are already posted in the forum but it's very...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • SAECO Incanto Rondo problem / project Beitrag #1
T
TanguyT
Teetrinker
Hello,

First I apologize because I don't speak german (I'm french), so perhaps some elements are already posted in the forum but it's very difficult for me to understand german messages with the only help of google translation !

I have a SAECO Incanto Rondo since 2005. It was working fine...
But there is few weeks that the grinder stop working after some seconds (sometimes it grinds 3 seconds, sometimes more) and the red LED indicating there is no more beans switch on. When I try again, sometimes it works and sometimes I need to try again and again...
Now, I need 10 or 15 "try" before the machine is able to make a coffee... (pushing the beans by hand help the machine to succeed)

So, 1 months ago I decide to try to understand and solve the problem.

As I was not knowing this nice forum, I tried to understand myself how the machine is working.

What I have understood is that the grinder work is controlled by 2 ways:
- a hall effect sensor that count the number of rotation of the motor, so the microcontroler can estimate the amount of coffee and stop the grinder after a constant number of rotation
- a measurement of the current consumed by the grinder motor, and if the current is low it is because the grinder does not "force" because there is no beans to grind.

I have tried to test the hall sensor, it seems to be fine. The grinder itself seems mechanically also to be fine.

So I suspect the current measurement to be the cause of the problem (don't know if it is because of the usury of the electronic or of the grinder).

I started to reverse-engineering the electronic card of my Incanto.
My short-term purpose is to modify the electronic card in order not to have an error when the grinder consume less current than what it is supposed.
My mid-term purpose is to create a new electronic card, with a new microcontroller programmed as I want, with a small 2-lines LCD screen. This would allow to parameter for example the quantity of coffee, the exact water temperature, etc... what is not possible with my Incanto machine.

I'm making schematics for each part of the existing electronic card (sensors, pump control, boiling resistor control, grinder control, motoreductor control, ...) in order to understand how it's done and how I can do it on my own card !
But my knowledge in electronic are very light (my job is software, not hardware !) and there are few points that I don't understand.
Major one is how is done the grinder current consumption measurement. If you look at the schematic I join to this message, I understand that on the left part of R52 the voltage depends on the current consumption of the grinder motor. But from there to the optocoupler... I'm lost !!!
I have read some elements in this thread :
http://www.saeco-support-forum.de/incanto-serie/28153-problem-keramikmahlwerk-behoben.html
but I read it with google-translation in french and it is not very clear !!!

Of course if someone is interested by the other schematics of Incanto Rondo electronic card, I can provide them (done under Visio).

Many thanks to this forum people, specially Harry (some of your messages and schematics in FAQ part helped me a lot).

Tanguy

Anhänge
  • Grinder.pdf
    18,3 KB · Aufrufe: 64
  • SAECO Incanto Rondo problem / project Beitrag #2
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hallo,

Thanks for the diagram. D12 is a Zener diode. The basic idea is adjusting the operating point on the breakdown line of the zener diode to voltages between delta zero to max. 1,5 VDC. Thus influencing the optocoupler input voltage and as a result the output voltages between 5 VDC (pullup resistor) and GND.

regards
Harry

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Thema:

SAECO Incanto Rondo problem / project

Oben