Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS

Diskutiere Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; Hi all, This forum is a huge resource even for non-german speaking users so thank you for your time, passion and support. Before anything, I...
  • Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #1
R
razvanr
Teetrinker
Hi all,

This forum is a huge resource even for non-german speaking users so thank you for your time, passion and support.

Before anything, I have to answer a few questions:
- Knowledge of mechanics: basic (willing to invest time to learn)
- Knowledge of electronics: basic (willing to invest time to learn)
- Is there a measuring device: Yes
- Soldering iron: No, but willing to buy one for this project
- Exact name of the machine: Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS, Type SUP021YADR, Board P116_PWRV03

I'll tell you the whole story, so please bear with me.
One morning, my wife started the espressor, it rinsed, and after she pushed the button to make an espresso, the machine locked halfway through the process.
Not knowing what happened, I tried a cleaning process, then a descaling process, and then I tried twice to make coffee by selecting espresso and the machine powered off. At that moment the whole case was really hot. I'm sorry about this, clearly, I wasn't thinking.
Using the service manual, I disassembled the machine, stripped the grinder, cleaned it, replaced the thermal fuse (even though afterwards I saw that I didn't have to replace it), checked all the fuses (all were ok). At some point, I saw that the BG wouldn't fit in so I did a proper further cleaning of the BG and then I realigned the gears.
Because I took out the main switch, I didn't put back correctly and when I tried to start the espressor, the main fuse in the house went off and smelled like melt plastic.
Someone very patiently helped me and I fixed the main switch. (If you see this, thank you Miro!)
I started the espressor, but after the self-test, I got the BG blocked message. The gears are moving very slowly.
The same person told me that I might have to change the transistor TIP33C.
I've checked the power board, I saw that JP11 protection was melted(see photos attached).

So, after further searching the web, I arrived here and before I do anything wrong, I'm asking for your help and advice.
As watchmaker said in this post, I don't want to do something that's more harm than good.

Can you please help me with a step by step solution to my problem, if it's possible?
What else should I add to this post in order to help you help me?

Thank you kindly,
Raz

Anhänge
  • IMG_5835.jpg
    IMG_5835.jpg
    1,2 MB · Aufrufe: 21
  • IMG_5836.jpg
    IMG_5836.jpg
    808,5 KB · Aufrufe: 20
  • IMG_5837.jpg
    IMG_5837.jpg
    3,3 MB · Aufrufe: 21
  • IMG_5838.jpg
    IMG_5838.jpg
    2,9 MB · Aufrufe: 21
  • Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #2
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Incanto SUP021Y u. YBDR, Krups Orchestro
You can try to change TIP33C (BD245C, but better use stronger TIP35C or BD249C).
But you need good soldering experience as these boards are easily demaged.

And probably there is a short circuit on the board you cant repair.
Better buy a used new working board on ebay or somewhere else.

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #3
R
razvanr
Teetrinker
Hello Grisu,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
After reading the forum, I know your experience with coffee machines is vast, and it will help me.
Following your advice, I will take the board to an expert to replace TIP33C with TIP35C.

However, what else can I do so you can make a full assessment of the situation?
Should I add more photos of the board?

Thank you!

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #4
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Nobody can know whats happened inside the board between layers and tracks.
BD249C is easier to get, its the same or similar transistor.

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #5
R
razvanr
Teetrinker
Nobody can know whats happened inside the board between layers and tracks.
BD249C is easier to get, its the same or similar transistor.
Unfortunately, I don't access to BD249C in New Zealand, only TIP35C.
Do you think this is enough to make it work again?

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #6
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
No not really when I have a look at the molten jumper, but maybe worth to try. interesting as BD249C is much much more common than TIP35C.

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #7
R
razvanr
Teetrinker
No not really when I have a look at the molten jumper, but maybe worth to try. interesting as BD249C is much much more common than TIP35C.

Hi and thank you again for your help!
I took the board to an expert, and after he replaced the transistor, the problem is gone.
The gear motor now spins at the proper speed.

However, after the machine ventilated, I started a descaling process so it would be clean.
Everything was ok at first as the descaling solution came through the wand, but then it started to leak a lot from the overflow valve, not in the tray.
I couldn't turn it off while descaling and more than 50% of the solution in the tank came out through that valve. And after the descaling process finished, it wouldn't rinse through the coffee dispenser.

I assume that somewhere there's lime built-up before and liquid can't get through. That forced the valve to open and leak it into the machine. What should I do?

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #8
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
What do you mean with overflow-valve?
The over pressure valve mounted on the buttom of the pump?
It should go in into a hole in the front near bottom behind brewing unit from where it can flow in the waste water tray.

But there never comes water this way, only single drops while heating.

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #9
R
razvanr
Teetrinker
What do you mean with overflow-valve?
The over pressure valve mounted on the buttom of the pump?
It should go in into a hole in the front near bottom behind brewing unit from where it can flow in the waste water tray.

But there never comes water this way, only single drops while heating.
I think I didn't give you all the details.
After I started the espressor, I did a descaling process. During all that time, the solution came out through the wand and the markup on the photo attached. My estimate is about 70% came out near one of those hoses, not sure exactly which one.
The waste tray was completely 100% dry, and not a single drop got to it.

When the process finished, the machine ventilated and then it said RINSING, but not a single drop come through the coffee dispenser nor got in the waste tray, but again through or near those hoses.

I know all the solution/water came through that area because nowhere else inside the machine was wet. All this time, I gathered more than 2 litres in total from underneath the espressor.

I'm happy it didn't make a short-circuit because of all the wires in the area near the pump.

Which brings me to my question: Why is this happening? If water/solution gets to the wand, where is the circuit blocked? Why doesn't the water get to the coffee dispenser?
I had the same problem(water/coffee not coming out the coffee dispenser) before the espressor broke.

One more thing: the machine is 100% correctly assembled.

I honestly don't know what my next step should be.

Thank you again for your help Grisu

Anhänge
  • IMG_5905.jpg
    IMG_5905.jpg
    378,5 KB · Aufrufe: 9
  • Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #10
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
100% it ist NOT correctly assambled!
The high pressure output of the pump has to go to the boiler and the low pressure outlet for over-pressure overflow has to go to the hole in the front plate.
As you can see there is not even anything connected to the output of the pump.
And I dont know what the black pipe is for, maybe someone else can jump in for help.

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #11
R
razvanr
Teetrinker
100% it ist NOT correctly assambled!
The high pressure output of the pump has to go to the boiler and the low pressure outlet for over-pressure overflow has to go to the hole in the front plate.
As you can see there is not even anything connected to the output of the pump.
And I dont know what the black pipe is for, maybe someone else can jump in for help.

Maybe the angle of my first photo wasn't good enough. Please see another photo attached.

I really hope I've assembled it correctly.
Everything inside is how it was when it worked(I took photos and videos of everything before disassembling it) and according to the service manual.

What do you think might be the problem?

Anhänge
  • IMG_5907.jpg
    IMG_5907.jpg
    7,7 MB · Aufrufe: 7
  • Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #12
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
OK that looks correct, couldnt see high pressure pipe on first picture, only the black one around.
Maybe you have forgotten to use an O-ring?
Or it isnt inserted corretly, metal copper ring has to be behind safety spring.

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #13
R
razvanr
Teetrinker
OK that looks correct, couldnt see high pressure pipe on first picture, only the black one around.
Maybe you have forgotten to use an O-ring?
Or it isnt inserted corretly, metal copper ring has to be behind safety spring.
Thank you Grisu!

The problem was the O-ring wasn't near the metal copper ring on the Teflon tube and water came out through that small gap. Now it's fixed and the espressor works. I did another full descaling process (I don't believe the last one did anything because of the leaking) and it rinses, and everything works.

However, I noticed a crack in the coffee dispenser support(see photo attached) and it leaks a little bit on the inside part of the door. I don't know how to disassemble the coffee dispenser and the support and where to find a good one. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks again for your patience and support!

Anhänge
  • IMG_5916.jpg
    IMG_5916.jpg
    700,1 KB · Aufrufe: 3
  • Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #14
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
On the front push button on top and slide dispenser to front to put it off, then unscrew on backside.
You have to find one on your own, dont have time and want to do the search for you 😉

You could ask in "An- und Verkauf" section in the forum if someone got one for you.

• Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #15
R
razvanr
Teetrinker
On the front push button on top and slide dispenser to front to put it off, then unscrew on backside.
You have to find one on your own, dont have time and want to do the search for you 😉

You could ask in "An- und Verkauf" section in the forum if someone got one for you.
Thank you, Grisu.
Oh, I know the part taking out the dispenser and unscrewing the 5 screws.
The problem is I can't disassemble it, it's like stuck, and I don't want to force it and make it worse.

I didn't find any video on youtube nor instructions in the service manual to remove the whole dispenser unit and brake it down into pieces.
Plus, on the diagram(see attached), that cracked plastic(looks like a shield) doesn't have a code or name, which I find weird.
I want to search myself for that component, but I need to know its name first.

Anhänge
  • Incanto Sirius Diagram.pdf
    336,3 KB · Aufrufe: 9
  • Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #16
Grisu
Grisu
Teammitglied
Vollautomat
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Saeco Incanto Sirius S-Class SBS Beitrag #17
R