Steam Wand Occasionally Leaking

Diskutiere Steam Wand Occasionally Leaking im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; I occasionally hear some hissing coming from the steam wand as well as water drops even though the valve is turned off. Any suggestions on a remedy?
  • Steam Wand Occasionally Leaking Beitrag #1
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
I occasionally hear some hissing coming from the steam wand as well as water drops even though the valve is turned off. Any suggestions on a remedy?

• Steam Wand Occasionally Leaking Beitrag #2
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hallo,

Check the steam heater. It probally has got small holes.

regards
Harry

• Steam Wand Occasionally Leaking Beitrag #3
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
My heater looks ok. Dripping from the tip of steam wand is caused by holes in the heater? I would think the manual valve that opens and closes the steam is leaking.

• Steam Wand Occasionally Leaking Beitrag #4
schluerf
schluerf
Kaffeetrinker
Vollautomat
Vienna, Magic(3), Royal(2)
Hello,
(sorry for my bad english, Google does help me a little)
I think you're right.
The dripping comes from the valve, sometimes a piece of Calcium washes during the descale into the valve and stuck
It seems that the sealing is calcified or damaged. Try to remove that piece by very slowly opening the valve, so that the pump starts before the valve opens, try it several times.
You can also try to disassemble the valve and place its parts in descaler (maybe overnight but see your descaler-instructions).
If nothing helps, you need a new valve pin.
Take a look at [url]http://www.partsguru.com[/URL]

best regards

hope dies last - but it dies!

• Steam Wand Occasionally Leaking Beitrag #5
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
Yes, my thoughts as well, thank you for clarifying. My water is very clean (TDS at 5 to 15 ppm) so I produce very little calcium. I will follow your suggestions and continue to investigate.

Thema:

Steam Wand Occasionally Leaking

Oben