Water sensor

Diskutiere Water sensor im ..:: Xsmall ::.. Forum im Bereich *** SAECO / Philips ***; Erstmal: Please accept my apologies for not writing in German. I, sadly, only speak just enough German to not starve and to just get around, when...
  • Water sensor Beitrag #1
K
K. Jeppesen
Teetrinker
Erstmal: Please accept my apologies for not writing in German. I, sadly, only speak just enough German to not starve and to just get around, when I am in Germany. Sorry. I should have paid more attention in school!

I have a defective Saeco Xsmall which flashes the red "!" quickly when switched on. The water level low light also is red, even when the container is full.
In diagnostics everything works (water pump, heater, grinder, coffe brewer thing on the right side of the machine).
Diagnostics show green !, green temperature and red water level, even though water container is full.

There has clearly been one or more leaks in the machine. There are calcium deposits on some of the internal parts. To me it seems as if all the fabric-covered pipes leak.
One of these leaks has spilled down the side right onto the water level sensor. This was covered in camlcium deposits and green gunk, when I opened the machine. I strongly suspect that this sensor is defect, but how can I test it? A new one doesn't cost much but is out of stock and hard to get.

I would like to test the water level sensor (how does this work by the way, there is nothing on the inside or in the tank?) before ordering a replacement.
Is it possible to temporarily override the sensor to brew a few cups of coffee? I would like to do this also to check for leaks while the machine is open. (No sense in fixing it now to have it fry again on the first cup!)

And again, my sincerest apologies for not being able to write in German. If you can answer my questions but only in German, I do read German (though very slowly.)
K. Jeppesen

• Water sensor Beitrag #2
R
Raymundt
Espressotrinker
Hello,
you described that there are deposits on the sensor.
Maybe the electric connectors of the sensor are corroded.
Or the humid deposits cause a short circuit on the non insulated parts on the board.

First you should try to clean the sensor.
Remove all the deposits.

To make the fabric coverd pipes wet you need only one leakage - These pipes behave like sponge.

Regards,
Raymund

• Water sensor Beitrag #3
K
K. Jeppesen
Teetrinker
Thank you for the reply.
I have tried to clean the sensor, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Do you know if there is a way to cheat the machine into thinking that there is water in the tank? Preferably something simple like connecting two of the three wires for the sensor :)

Regards
K. Jeppesen

• Water sensor Beitrag #4
K
K. Jeppesen
Teetrinker
If the water level sensor (Wasserstandsensor?) is a reed switch, where is the magnet closing the switch? There is nothing in my water tank.

K. Jeppesen

Thema:

Water sensor

Oben