Grinder Consistently Alternates Between 5-6 Seconds and 11-12 Seconds

Diskutiere Grinder Consistently Alternates Between 5-6 Seconds and 11-12 Seconds im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; (Please forgive English to German translation through Google. Curious on how well this works and if my post is clear). Without fail grinder runs...
  • Grinder Consistently Alternates Between 5-6 Seconds and 11-12 Seconds Beitrag #1
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
(Please forgive English to German translation through Google. Curious on how well this works and if my post is clear).

Without fail grinder runs twice as long every other time consistently. For example, first shot runs approximately six seconds then the second shot runs approximately 12 seconds, the next shot would run approximately six seconds repeating this pattern for months. I have replaced the microswitch and thoroughly cleaned grinder and path to brew group. The amount of coffee dose does not appear to be double (or half), but have not accurately measured.

There was a post in 2016 with this exact behavior but that thread is now locked.

Any ideas why I am seeing this consistent, inconsistent behavior?

• Grinder Consistently Alternates Between 5-6 Seconds and 11-12 Seconds Beitrag #2
K
ksb
Teammitglied
I have replaced the microswitch and thoroughly cleaned grinder and path to brew group. The amount of coffee dose does not appear to be double (or half), but have not accurately measured.

Hello monts,

it looks like the mill produces a changing amount of coffee because the grinding-time depends on the amount of coffee until the chamber is full.
Is there any change in the sound of the grinder? One reason may be different motor speed another that the grinder itself is worn out.

Here is the link to the post in 2016 which was closed:

One hint was to check the grinder-connections

Best regards
ksb

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Grinder Consistently Alternates Between 5-6 Seconds and 11-12 Seconds Beitrag #3
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
Thank you for your response.

There is no change in the sound of the grinder. Very consistent and smooth. Coffee grind size is also very consistent. What is baffling is that this pattern of alternating short and long grind time is perfectly consistent.

I did read and post to the 2016 thread that discussed the same behavior. As soon as I posted, the thread became locked, so I started this one.

Thema:

Grinder Consistently Alternates Between 5-6 Seconds and 11-12 Seconds

Oben