Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder

Diskutiere Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; While cleaning my Royal Professional Coffee Bar grinder, I always notice a fair amount of compacted ground coffee at the bottom underneath the...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder Beitrag #1
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
While cleaning my Royal Professional Coffee Bar grinder, I always notice a fair amount of compacted ground coffee at the bottom underneath the conical burr that needs to be vacuumed out. I would estimate that this is one or perhaps two doses of compacted coffee.

Is this a design flaw or a problem with my particular machine? Why isn't every bit of the fresh ground coffee dosed during each cycle?

• Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder Beitrag #2
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

It's not a design flaw, it's a design feature. The grinder can't produce fresh ground coffee.

regards
Harry

• Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder Beitrag #3
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
Hi,

It's not a design flaw, it's a design feature. The grinder can't produce fresh ground coffee.

regards
Harry

You are kidding, right. I always assumed fresh ground is best. Why is it a "feature" that the beans are not utilized as soon as they are ground?

• Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder Beitrag #4
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

No kidding. That's the way these grinders are built. Ceramic grinders get closer to your goal. They grind directly into the brew unit and don't collect the ground coffee in a "doser tube".

regards
Harry

• Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder Beitrag #5
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
Yes, these grinders are apparently built with this design flaw. Why do you state non-fresh ground beans are a feature?

• Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder Beitrag #6
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

It's only from a customer's point of view a flaw. The designer or repair people will tell you that's the usual behavior because it's a built in feature.

regards
Harry

• Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder Beitrag #7
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
That sounds like double speak to me.

So you are telling me the designer's goal was to have an automatic coffee brewing system that is unable to take full advantage of the freshly ground coffee beans? Again, why is this a feature and not a design flaw? What is the advantage of retaining the freshly ground coffee instead of dispensing it?

If one were to design a machine to squeeze fresh oranges for juice, you would expect all the freshly squeezed juice to be dispensed and not retained to be consumed at a later (and less fresh) time.

You say this is a feature. This "feature" was certainly not described in any marketing and sales material. For it to be a feature, there must be a benefit. What is the benefit of a grinding system that cannot produce fresh ground coffee?

• Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder Beitrag #8
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
What is the benefit of a grinding system that cannot produce fresh ground coffee?
Hi,

"Instant ground" coffee is the ultimate goal, which has not been reached up to now by the designers (for a reasonable price). But it's far supirior to buying a pound of coffee, grind it in the shop and use the last bit 2 month later. We did it this way prior to the invention of the coffee machines by Solis / Saeco about 25 years ago.

regards
Harry

• Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder Beitrag #9
M
monts
Kaffeetrinker
I was just surprised to see a rather large amount of ground coffee retained and wonder how long that compacted ground coffee was laying at the bottom of the grinder. I became further confused when you said that is a feature.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Royal coffee bar and appreciate your support and efforts here on the forum.

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Thema:

Ground coffee remaining in Saeco grinder

Oben