K5AV1-2 / Board fixed

Diskutiere K5AV1-2 / Board fixed im English Section Forum im Bereich *** Allgemein***; Hi, Do not use the BTA08-600B. The max. trigger current ist 50 mA. T8 is directly connected (via a 220 Ohm resistor) to a microprocessor output...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #21
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

Do not use the BTA08-600B. The max. trigger current ist 50 mA. T8 is directly connected (via a 220 Ohm resistor) to a microprocessor output pin. Using the BTA08-600B may kill your CPU. Max. trigger current of any triac on the board should not be higher than 10 mA.
But you may use the pump triac to test the circuit.

regards
Harry

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #22
T
tsehested
Kaffeetrinker
Hi Harry,

Nope still the same...stil 180 V-ac on the 2 yellow. Motor still brumming. No DC...

Hmmm

Thanks,

Thomas

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #23
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

Are you able to decide whether T8 receives a permanent control signal on its gate pin. It should be on for a half-wave and off for the next -- etc.
The voltages, that you measured, show a 230 VAC circuit--- 180 VAC (yellow / yellow) and 28 VAC (red / blue). There is no half-wave rectifying.
The attachment shows a typical Vienna circuit ..... I hope you are able to translate it for your machine.
Did you already test the motor with an external DC power supply ?? just to see it's working properly. The voltage may be lower than 33 VDC.
Trace the gate line from the triac to the microprocessor pin and measure its resistance (target slightly above 220 Ohms.) If the 220 Ohm resistor is part of an array. It should be checked thoroughly.

regards
Harry

Anhang anzeigen 2872

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #24
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

Another area we have to check is: "Does the microprocessor get a 100 Hz Signal on pin 22 ( ZIN = zero crossing input) ?? ".
This signal ist deducted from mains. It serves as a timing reference to switch the half-wave at the right moment. The program logic is probably (entirely ?) dependant on this signal. The Zenerdiode D13 (see attachment) determins the accuracy of the zero crossing point and the amplitude of the resultant square wave. You will find the parts close to the burned resistors R4, R5 which you replaced.

regards
Harry

Anhang anzeigen 2873Anhang anzeigen 2874

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #25
T
tsehested
Kaffeetrinker
Hi Harry,

The gate pin on T8 goes to pin 17 on the CPU with 155 ohm, maybe the resistor array is kaput.
The array is ok on the other pairs, put not on pin1/2 ...could it be the cpu pulling it down or...

Array is fine when out of the pcb :S

Will check the zerocrossing... looks fine...4,99 VDC, can't test the hz, but will change the c2 just to make sure.

Thanks,

Thomas

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #26
T
tsehested
Kaffeetrinker
Hi,

Hmm the lane from T10(pin2) to JP12, it burned together with the middle green LED, is there any contact between the wide lane and the green LED?

Thanks,

Thomas

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #27
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Hi,

I have found a picture of your board in the attachment database ------> Board K5AV1-2 -- Krups Palatino
Maybe you are able to trace the LED conducting wires. Referring to the 220 Ohm array -- is it possible that the adjacent resistors influence the gate resistor of T8 ??
Sorry, maybe you have to become acqainted with the idea of a malfunctioning microprocessor.

regards
Harry

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #28
T
tsehested
Kaffeetrinker
Hi Harry,

I have the R29 Array out...from pin 17 to pin 28 is 216 ohm.

Do you have a good picture of the bottom side....

Anhang anzeigen 2889

The pcb was badly burned under the LED, so could't make out if there has been a lane?

Will the replacement processor out there fit & work in this board? Is there other tests I can do to verify if the processor is death or not?

Thanks,

Thomas

Anhänge
  • D4-burn.jpg
    D4-burn.jpg
    17,4 KB · Aufrufe: 223
  • K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #29
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
Do you have a good picture of the bottom side....
Hi,

Sorry, I don't have a picture of the bottom side.
The designer of the replacement processor is Frank Steiner. He ist a member of the forum (nickname: infintiyii_de) ---> visit this thread He is collecting infos in this thread. He is working on replacements of other Saeco models. I suggest to ask him.
Your processor is probably not completely dead. The grinder is working. But each output pin has port-dedicated electronic parts (latches, amplifiers, registers) that maybe damaged by the short on the board.

regards
Harry

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #30
T
tsehested
Kaffeetrinker
Hi Harry,

Okay, let's say the processor is someway kaput, it still starts & stops the motor when I activate the microswitch in the motor housing. The signal is just to weak or wrong.

I was thinking if it was posible to build a extension of the gate on pin 17, do you know what kind of signal that has to come out? Have put the resistor array in a socket, so easy to lift a leg out.

Tried to write to Frank Steiner, but He's not gotten back me yet.

Thanks a bunch for your effort anyways,

Thomas

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #31
hmilbradt
hmilbradt
Super-Mod
I was thinking if it was posible to build a extension of the gate on pin 17

Hi Thomas,

Forget this idea please. Its not a simple task and not worth the effort. Look into the ---> application note --> page 5
The diagram 'gating modes' shows the triggering. Remember you have to acquire pretty accurate timing (compared to mains) in order to get halve-wave rectifying.
My suggestion is: Either wait until Frank Steiner answers or buy an used and tested board.
Frank sells the Vienna-replacements for about € 15,--.

regards
Harry

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #32
T
tsehested
Kaffeetrinker
Hi Harry,

Okay...wasn't into complicating my life...just a thougth, that my signal might be a little bit off...and desperate for some decent coffee...

As far as I figured out...the standard Saeco Vienna, and the Krups board is not identical(panel wise)...but if the buttons is in the same place...I can allways glue in leds to the front panel with wires...And I would be happy to send my "old" board back to Frank, think everything more or less has been replaced on it...Can't get the T410 or any other triac with 10 mA or less down here in SA though...no and I didn't try with the BTA08!!!

Thanks very much for your help and guidance, I hope Frank will get back to me...Sooooon :thumbsup:

Thomas

• K5AV1-2 / Board fixed Beitrag #33
T
tsehested
Kaffeetrinker
Jihhaa jubii, the bloody thing is alive...

Thanks to KSB & Harry, the wizards of these machines. Frank, for his excellent chip packed with features and cool stuff. Just that is well worth the money. Must have used hours/days to develop the chip code.

Only thing left is to adjust the machine and tweak the resistor for my coffee led. It’s a little bit to dim. And then throw the original chip out from a near by mountain!

Well thanks a billion to all the dedicated folks in this forum.

Thomas

:thumbsup:

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Thema:

K5AV1-2 / Board fixed

Oben